City of Glenwood, Iowa

Code Enforcement – 3 N. Vine St. (behind City Hall)

Call the Police Department for Code Violations – 712-527-9920 or after hours 712-527-4844

Fax:  712-527-5236


What Code Enforcement Does

Code Enforcement works under the umbrella of the Police Department and in partnership with the citizens of Glenwood to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment. We help maintain and improve the quality of our community by enforcing codes, solving specific problems and promoting public safety within the community.

Many complaints that are made to Code Enforcement are not violations of the Glenwood City/Municipal Code. Before reporting an issue, please view the lists below to see if it is handled by Code Enforcement.

Common Code Enforcement Issues & Questions

Report a Violation

To report a violation 24 hours a day please contact

Mills County 911 Communications Centers

Non-Emergency number at:


What Happens After I Report a Violation?

Typically, the Code Enforcement Officer will visit the site of the violation within 48 hours after receiving the complaint. The Officer will evaluate the situation, possibly take pictures, and determine whether a violation has occurred.

If a violation has occurred, the Code Enforcement Officer will begin the compliance process by attempting to make contact with the property owner or responsible person, or will leave a courtesy notice “Red Tag” notifying the responsible person that a violation has occurred and a time frame in which to rectify the violation.


Contact Code Enforcement at 712-527-9920 or