Job Posting – GMU
Glenwood Municipal Utilities
7 N. VINE ST.
GLENWOOD, IOWA 51534
PHONE # OFFICE 712-527-4868 or PLANT 712-527-4621
Position: WATER/SEWER TRAINEE MAINTENANCE OPERATOR
Department: WATER AND SANITARY SEWER – PRODUCTION
Supervisor: UTILITIES SUPERINTENDENT
Status: FULL TIME POSITION
Requirements: This candidate must possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED, must have or obtain an Iowa DNR Grade 1 Water Treatment and Grade 1 Water Distribution certification immediately upon fulfilling Iowa’s eligibility requirements or the ability to achieve these within 6 months of offered employment. Additionally, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with tanker and air brake endorsements will be required within 6 month probationary period. Post-offer, pre-employment physical and drug screen will be required.
Job Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary –$36,420.80 annually (minimum) or based on certifications.
- Overtime possible.
- 6 month probationary period.
- 40 hour work week with 1/2 hour lunch break and two 15 min. breaks.
- Uniforms provided by Department after probation.
- Paid single health insurance for employee / cost share for family.
- Paid dental insurance for employee/Family dental at employees expense.
- Paid life insurance for employee/voluntary life at employee expense.
- Vision Insurance at employee expense.
- 10 Paid Holidays.
- Vacation after one year.
- Sick leave accrued.
- IPERS retirement plan.
Policies & Schedule Hours:
- Policy Manual will be furnished upon employment.
- Normal hours – 7:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday with rotating weekend and on-call schedule assignments.
- Emergency call in’s possible
- 30 minute routine response time to report to work
Minimum requirements in State of Iowa water certification treatment & distribution programs with cross certification in wastewater system. Advancement with each upgrade and Glenwood Municipal Utilities merit raise system.
Job Functions and Job Descriptions:
- Training / Duties – to include but not limited to the following:
- Provide a safe and potable drinking water product to the consumers
- Provide safe and sanitary disposal of waste product from the consumers.
- Operate and maintain the water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Operate and maintain the water and sanitary sewer systems.
- Conduct on site laboratory water and wastewater analysis.
- Grounds maintenance and Janitorial duties.
- Physically able to lift minimum of 50 pound units.
- Safely transfer and distribute treatment chemicals.
- Operations and maintenance of small to large equipment and machinery.
- Operations and maintenance of small to large vehicles.
- Mechanical and Electrical knowledge helpful.
- Meter reading.
- Ability to communicate with customers.